I am a Consultant Psychiatrist in independent (private) practice with 15 years experience working with mental health problems. I trained in psychiatry at the Maudsley Hospital and Institute of Psychiatry in London, before being appointed to a substantive Consultant position at St George’s, London. In addition to my formal training, I consider my life experience and interests of almost equal importance in shaping my approach.
I am passionate about my work as I believe in people and their capacity for recovery, transformation and growth. I see a wide range of mental health problems, but I specialise in Mood Disorders, Addictions and Stress & Anxiety. My approach combines the humanistic and the scientific, tailored to the person and the problems.
Qualifications & Training
- First class bachelors degree Psychology (London)
- Medical degree with distinction (London)
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- MA in Philosophy of Mind with distinction (Warwick)
- General Medical Council recognition as specialist in adult general psychiatry and addictions
- Postgraduate psychiatry and academic training at Maudsley Hospital and Institute of Psychiatry